Parenting Quotes – Inspiration for the Mom’s Heart and Spirit
I have never met a parent who didn’t struggle with some aspect of parenting. I would be suspicious if I did. All parents want their children to grow up balanced, happy, and with a sense of purpose. So on the lighter side of parenting, here are some parenting quotes. Some are meant to inspire, some are meant to diffuse feelings of inadequacy.
- Remember that you can do everything right and your children may not turn out the way you had wished. You can do everything wrong and see them turn out extremely well adjusted. Life is a crap shoot.
— L.R. O’Hara
- All children behave as well as they are treated.
- Discipline doesn’t break a child’s spirit half as often as the lack of it breaks a parent’s heart.
- To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself.
— Chinese Proverb
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother, and the most important thing a mother can do for her children is to love their father.
- A mother understands what a child does not say.
— Jewish Proverb
- A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Toddler discipline, anger issues, and funny mistakes are all part of raising healthy children. How well you handle these is how you will be remembered as a parent. As long as your children always know that you love them and that you, too, make mistakes, the struggle of raising children will mellow with time. And remember, when your children have kids of their own, much of what you did will be remembered and understood, be patient.
This parenting quote by Harry Truman is one of my favorites:
- I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
— Harry S. Truman
I have made it through some very tough decisions by applying this advice. For more parenting quotes, and a light-hearted look at motherhood, you might enjoy this fun book: “Humor for a Mom’s Heart: Stories, Quips, and Quotes to Lift the Heart” (Humor for the Heart).