Monthly Transit Talk (MTT) ™- Virgo Characteristics
This month’s Sign: Virgo
Date & Time of Sun's Entry: August 22nd, 2008 at 11:02 am PDT, 12:02 pm MDT, 1:02 pm CDT, 2:02 pm EDT
Type: An earth, mutable sign
Planetary Ruler: Mercury
Areas of Body Ruled: Intestinal track, the Solar Plexus, our power to assimilate and digest. The nervous system.
Key Phrase: I analyze and thus choose wisely.
Symbols: The Virgin with a shaft of wheat.
This information is for all signs of the Zodiac. Whatever is going on in the skies Astrologically affects us all, all of the time. We each have all twelve signs of the zodiac somewhere in our natal chart so the current focus on the sign of Virgo activates that area. The following information explains how the current emphasis on Virgo may affect you personally and ways to work with this influence.
VIRGO ENERGIES, CHALLENGES & KEYWORDS
Virgo rules our ability to discriminate and assimilate. Here we are encouraged to differentiate between that which makes us strong and clear and focused from that which weakens and scatters us. From this, we are able to create order in our lives and daily regimes that are in alignment with greater health and our higher path. Once we have chosen, through the process of analysis and discrimination, what will increase our vitality, we then assimilate it into our being and our lives. While some of this will require a concerted effort, parts will occur at a more organic and/or unconscious level. Thus, what we choose to have in our environments and to put into our bodies and minds, we become. And where Virgo falls in your chart will show how you handle these energies..
"For even more than doers, we are deciders. And once the decision is clear, the doing becomes effortless".
--Ralph Blum from The Book of Runes.
Virgo is also the sign of analysis and clear judgement. However, it is not uncommon for us to be, at times, overly analytical, too mental and perhaps detached. So be careful not to be too critical or judgmental during this time. And let go of perfectionism striving! Also, Virgo is the sign that seems to increase our feelings of worry and anxiety, so the nervous system gets taxed now. All of these are potential problems, especially during this time. Try to find time to relax and be gentle with yourself.
Indications of Virgo challenges (either at birth or by transit, whether you're a Virgo or not):
- Issues around making appropriate and healthy choices in your life.
- Feeling scattered and disorganized, resulting in not accomplishing those things that are most important to you.
- Feeling nervous or anxious or worrying a lot.
- Being overly critical or judgmental (this includes with yourself, as well as others).
- Going off on tangents and not staying with the task you set out to do (on an on-going basis).
Some other areas that may get your attention or focus during this month are:
- Cleaning, de-cluttering, getting organized and/or getting rid of stuff.
- Our general health is ruled by Virgo, so now is a good time to focus in on this. Diet and nutrition may need revisiting and adjusting.
- Daily habits and regimes come under the rulership of this sign, hence you may find your focus turning to how you spend your time and organize your day. Getting more efficient is the goal.
- Some other things ruled by Virgo are bookkeeping and accounting, small pets and animals, your peers and coworkers, service and your ability to assimilate daily experiences. Any of these may receive your attention this month.
If any of the above are things you are dealing with, it would be helpful to have this part of your natal chart viewed so ways for working with these challenges and the lessons associated to them can be shared. (*It is helpful to view where the sign of Virgo falls by looking at your natal Mercury and what is occurring in your 6th house).
SOME LIKELY ACTIVITIES THIS MONTH
During this time of the Zodiac year, we are drawn to clear the clutter from our spaces and create more order and efficiency in our lives. Our general health is ruled by this month’s sign, so now is a good time to focus in on this. Our diet and nutritional needs may need some extra attention. Also, our daily habits and regimes come under the rulership of this sign. Some other things ruled by Virgo are bookkeeping and accounting, small pets and animals, our peers and coworkers, service and our ability to assimilate our daily experiences. Any of these may receive our attention this month.
WAYS TO WORK WITH THESE CHALLENGES AND HOW TO ENHANCE VIRGO ENERGY
Ways to work with and enhance this months energies are:
- Clear out clutter from your environment, establish new or better systems for managing your time, projects, home, etc.
- Get rid of what you no longer need or which no longer serves you.
- Create a more efficient workspace, even if only in a corner of your home.
- Get things in order, with a primary focus on those things that catch your attention often and distract you from other tasks.
- In general, do anything that results in greater efficiency in your life~personal or professional.
- Make simple and healthy changes in your diet and daily regimes. Perhaps a cleansing fast is in order.
- Take time to relax and be sure to be gentle with yourself
- Use simple, basic approaches. Complex, elaborate systems or ways of doing things usually only make things more confusing or chaotic during this time.
- Pay careful attention to what you are thinking.
Some pertinent questions to ask now are:
- Are my thoughts ones that support my growth and awareness?
- Am I challenging aspects in myself that are self-defeating and keep me from opening to life?
- Am I needing to let go of habits, regimes or routines that no longer serve me?
- Keep in mind that during this time it is most likely that a simple and basic approach is what is needed in all areas of our life.
Colors to enhance Virgo energies: During this time of Harvest, you may be drawn to the tones of wheat and oats or colors of the garden, such as tomato red or corn yellow. Wearing these colors or including them on your altar honors the Earth Mother, and will assist you in tuning into these Virgo energies in positive ways.
OUR SPIRITUAL FOCUS AND CHALLENGE
Below is a list of things to focus on or think about during the time of Virgo (8/22-9/22) that may increase your ability to tune into this months sign from a spiritual perspective:
- Purify your thoughts of ideas and attitudes that interfere with those things that keep you strong and vital.
- Return to the Silence often for rejuvenation and clarity.
- Find ways to serve others (simple or more involved are both perfect!)
- Practice deep breathing as a way to relieve stress.
AFFIRMATIONS FOR THE TIME OF VIRGO
- I release what no longer serves my highest good and welcome ways to live more simply.
- I let go of perfectionistic striving.
- I am grateful for this time to focus on serving with a joyful attitude.
- I choose what I put into my body, mind and heart wisely.
CRYSTALS TO WORK WITH DURING VIRGO INFLUENCE
Azurite: This deep royal blue crystal has a cleansing and purifying affect upon the mental body. As this occurs, we are able to let go of old programming. This creates the space for us to experience an expanded reality and connect us to our Higher self. Placing Azurite on your brow (6th chakra) will help in developing your intuition.
Ametrine: This lavender and yellow crystal is rather unusual as it is a combination of Amethyst and Citrine. Amethyst is considered a Pisces stone (6th chakra) and Citrine a Virgo stone (3rd chakra). Together, they help us to balance our physical, mental, and spiritual realities. Ametrine is excellent to use when feeling stressed out or disconnected from Spirit. It has a light, joyful, "don't worry, be happy" effect.
Green Adventurine: This beautiful green stone has a calming effect on the solar plexus whenever you are feeling anxious or nervous. I recommend putting a piece in your pocket when flying, to take a test (great for kids), a job interview or for any time you may feel nervous. It is a great worry stone.
Simple ways to work with crystals: Wear them. Put them next to your bed or under your pillow while you sleep. Meditate with them. Carry them in your pocket. Put Moonstone or Chrysophase in your drinking water. Give one to a friend!
For more information about Mt. Shasta, California, astrologer Elizabeth Jones, visit her web site at www.starpathways.com, or you can easily reach her at email@example.com. Her phone number is 530-926-1999.